West Stow – Axe & Knife Throwing
Warning… This Target Sport is Extremely Addictive!
The Anglo-Saxons would use a specially designed throwing axe (a francisca) before the initial clash with the enemy, throwing them to create damage & havoc. During these session, you’ll not only learn how to safely
throw an axe, but to make it stick in specially prepared wooden targets, rather than an enemy!
Run as a Pop up event at West Stow, Anglo Saxon Village, IP28 6HG , for Axe (Angel & Tomahawk) & Knife Throwing head to the Anglo Saxon Village location – for dates see below!!!
Hour Long pop up event, the sessions are run hourly across the day
- In each session, there can be up to 6 throwers at a time
- You will get a 10 minute brief followed by 50 minutes of throwing time
- Includes Training axes, Tomahawks & Knives depending on competency demonstrated
- £30pp for the hour – (Pre-booking recommended).
- Upon arrival, a member of the Back to Wilderness team will meet you at the main information point and escort you down to the throwing range for your session
- Once finished, a member of the Back to Wilderness team will escort you back to the main information point and escort you from the Anglo Saxon Village.
Parking & Access to the Anglo Saxon Village
- Parking at West Stow is not included in the price of the throwing event, but is £2 for up to 2hrs or £3 for all day – payable upon arrival directly to West Suffolk Council at the Parking Machines either via Cash (no change given) or RingGo.
- Access to the Anglo Saxon Village is not included in the price of the throwing event, but is payable directly to West Suffolk Council at the main information point. Village prices are – Adult £7, Concession £6, Child £5, Family £21 (up to 5 with a maximum of 2 adults), under 5’s free.
- Sessions can be completely tailored for your needs from 1 hour to a day
- Flexibility with numbers for larger groups if need be.
- We can even come to you if you have a suitable space.
- Contact us for a quotation.
- Suitable for adults and juniors 10yrs+ (children under 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult)
- No open-toed footwear permitted
- Pricing includes professional tuition & all equipment (only equipment provided may be used)
- Advanced booking recommended, though Back to Wilderness can accept card payments on-site!
- Cancellations on the day will not be refunded. If you have a need to contact us to cancel or reschedule, please provide as much notice as possible & call in the first instance and leave a voice mail if no answer, then send a text or email to follow up. Due to the nature of where we operate, reception is not always possible, but we will endeavour to respond as soon as we can. Where-ever possible and where notice has been provided, we will do our best to reschedule you to alternative dates, where we can for you – a £5 admin charge will be applicable to any changes made within a week of the booking date, per booking.
Come along to say hello or get in contact to find out more!!!
Very Important – ** Please read **
- Only equipment provided by Back to Wilderness may be used on the range.
- Do Not bring your own axes to these events, unless previously agreed with Back to Wilderness for one of our courses or events.
- Back to Wilderness accepts no liability for any axes or other such prohibited objects carried by participants to or from any of our courses or events.
- UK Knife Laws must be obeyed at all times – see here for full details – failure to do so may result in you being arrested, charged, sentenced and or fined.
Criminal Justice Act, 1988. Section 139(1).
Offence: It is an offence for any person, without lawful authority or good reason, to have with him in a public place, any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed except for a folding pocket-knife which has a cutting edge to its blade not exceeding 3 inches. The burden of proving the lawful authority lies with the defendant.
Defences Good reason, lawful authority, it was for use at work,(caretaker), religious reasons and it was part of a national costume.
The THIS list
- Has THIS person got permission
- To use THIS article
- For THIS use
- On THIS land
- By THIS land owner.
If “No” applies to any of the above an arrest will be imminent.
**Gift vouchers also available for an additional P&P fee – contact me for details.**