The Survival School Level 3 Wilderness Skills Range Instructor – NCFE CQ Accredited – (Axe & Knife Throwing Instructor Custom Qualification)
Outdoor Axe & knife Throwing Instructor Course
The aim of this course is to provide best practice delivery guidelines for learners wishing to safely instruct others on an axe & knife throwing range for sport or recreational purposes. While not mandatory, it is strongly recommended that learners have prior coaching or instructor training before attending.
The course is designed to provide a standard for safe delivery & coaching as well as ensuring the overall safe management of the range and safety of participants.
This is a 2-day course, requiring a minimum of one overnight stay in the forest and will be self-catering.
- Current 16 hr First Aid Certificate
- Current Enhanced DBS Check
Site Entry is not included in the cost of this couse
This course is NCFE CQ Accredited
Back To Wilderness provides this course under licence from Survival School, NCFE Centre 001135
Upon successful completion of the course and meeting the required criteria, the learner will achieve the following:
- The Survival School Level 3 Wilderness Skills Range Instructor – NCFE CQ Accredited
If the required criteria is not fully met, the learner will remain as an aspirant, with support where possible until such time a follow-up assessment can be mutually agreed.
Our qualification has been developed to meet the specific needs of our learners and has been accredited by NCFE demonstrating the quality and rigor.
NCFE are an awarding organisation recognised by the qualification regulators for England (Ofqual, Wales (Qualification Wales) and Northern Ireland (CCEA Regulation). This is an unregulated qualification and is not a nationally recognised qualification.
- 07:00-07:30 – Arrival
- 07:30-08:00 – Welcome Safety Brief
- 08:00-09:00 – Make Camp & Breakfast (Self Catering)
- 09:00-09:45 – Legalities, HSE considerations and responsibilities
- 09:45-11:45 – Range safety, set up & risk assessment
- 11:45-12:00 – Coffee Break
- 12:00-12:45 – Target Selection and Maintenance
- 12:45-13:45 – Equipment selection, inspection & maintenance
- 13:45-14:45 – Lunch (Self Catering)
- 14:45-15:30 – Knowledge – questions, practice & consolidation
- 15:30-17:30 – Effective & safe use of equipment & coaching
- 17:30-17:45 – Coffee Break
- 17:45-18:45 – Skills/Knowledge – questions, practice & consolidation
- 18:45-19:00 – De-Brief
- 19:00 – Dinner & Down Time (Self Catering)
- 07:00-08:30 – Breakfast / Break Camp
- 08:30-11:30 – Safe Management of a Live Range
- 11:30-12:00 – Coffee Break, Reflection & Review
- 12:00 – De-brief – Pack up and home time
What will you learn on the course: Level 3 Course Learning Outcomes
Minimum Participant Age:
• 18 yrs old
Included in the price:
• Hot water for making your own hot drinks
• NCFE Certification
* Please advise of any special dietary requirements at the time of booking, or state if you wish to cater for yourself.
• Warm Outdoor Clothes
• Footwear suitable for walking in woodland and on muddy woodland trails
• Sleeping Bag (Bivvy Bag Optional)
• Waterproof Clothing as weather dictates
• Water Bottle
• Notepad and Pen (Optional)
• Camera (Optional)
• An open mind and a willingness to learn and share
Not Included in the price:
• Tea’s, Coffee’s & personal snacks
• Main Meals throughout the weekend
• Site Access